Happy Wednesday, Merrick! We have a lot of news today, so let’s get down to business.
First, today’s weather:
Partially cloudy from sunny. High: 42 Low: 39.
Here are the top five stories of Merrick today:
- The Nassau County District Lawyer Prosecution of home health care workers Monday, February 7th. DA insists on it Bayshore Gale Godwin, 62, Hit the head of a man who cares for her and bleed at home to death Garden city in late December. Victims were identified as follows John Bush, 83 years old. ((((Daily voice).
- A Fire at a Westbury motel left More than 20 people without a place to sleep early Tuesday morning..A flame broke out around 12:30 am and Pines Motor Lodge on Taylor Avenue. Firefighters controlled the flame in a short amount of time. Firefighters and children were slightly injured. Investigations are underway to determine the cause of the fire. ((((Daily voice).
- A Merrick scalpel Successful with her podcast Helps women end toxic diet patterns.Lauren Chante Notify her using her personal experience of eating disorders and a master’s degree in exercise science “Rock Your Wellness” Podcast. ((((Merrick patch).
- With the recognition of Black History Month, CBS New York Share the stories of children who lived through Separation of Malvern School. Click on the article to read the memories. With Adrian , Now both lawyers who changed elementary school in a turbulent era.
- A Lynbrook Shop Host a fundraising activity at Monday, apart from Money is sent to the families of the recently killed NYPD detectives Jason Rivera and Wilbert Mora. Shop owner Chris Stianson said during the event, Atlantic Avenue Doughology has sold over 5,000 donuts. ((((CBS New York).
Today’s Merrick Daily is partly brought to you By a GoodRx friend — the best way to save on prescription costs. GoodRx helps you find the lowest price for your drug at your local pharmacy, so you won’t be overpaid. It can also be used for pet medicines! To see how much you can save GoodRx.com..
- Art Talk: When Harlem was Hot: Jazz Age Art in New York and Paris [HYBRID] ―――― Freeport Memorial Library Hosts an expedition to the music and literature of the 1920s and 1930s Harlem Renaissance. Registration is required. Participate live or virtually. ((((1:00 PM-2: 00 PM).
- Freedom Quilt @ Merrick Library -Children in grades 2-6 can learn the role of quilts on the underground railroad. Participants will “read” vintage quilt patterns and learn how to create their own. Registration is required. ((((4:30 pm).
- Wonderful Stories – go to KJ Farrell’s Live music includes 28 draft beers and a full kitchen. ((((6:30 pm).
From my notebook:
- Merrick Library Invite children 7-11 years old to register Pumping the brakes: Impulsivity management “The Feelings Teacher” with Lisa King on Wednesday, February 16th. ((((Facebook).
- I’m sorry, we are deeply involved Tax season!!Get tips on Reduces process risk via Team 12 will investigate. ((((twitter).
Information from Sponsors — Thank you for supporting the local news!
Do you like Merrick Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
- Send friends and neighbors This link So that they can subscribe
- Get your local business Listed In front of the reader
- Send me news tips and suggestions firstname.lastname@example.org
That’s all for today! I’ll be back in my inbox tomorrow morning with another update.
— — Ash Demero